V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
Motto in English
Cognoscere, Docere, Erudire
To learn, to educate, to enlighten
Public v Gov. university
Vil S. Bakirov
N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (Karazin University) with its over 210-year history is a leading Research and Educational Institution in Ukraine.
In the “Top-200 Ukraine” rating conducted by the UNESCO Chair for 2016 Kharkiv University ranks third among all Ukrainian Higher Educational Institutions. According to Scopus, the world’s largest abstract and citation database, the University holds the third position among Ukrainian Research and Educational Institutions by the number of articles published in the leading international scientific publications.
Today the University has 21 Schools and 124 Departments which provide training for specialists in 61 majors. The University also comprises 3 Research Institutes (of Astronomy, Biology and Chemistry), Central Scientific Library with over 3.5 million books in its stocks, Botanical Garden, University History Museum, Museum of Natural History, Museum of Archeology and Ethnography. All University Schools, Center for International Students Training and Pre-Enrolment Training Center provide teaching for 15 000 students and 500 postgraduate students. The University employs for teaching and research 308 Doctors of Sciences and Doctors of Letters, full professors and about 800 PhDs, associate professors including 15 academicians and corresponding members of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and Sectoral Academies.
The University is distinguished by its 24 internationally-recognized scientific schools and it has the biggest potential and base for training high skilled personnel in the Left-Bank Ukraine. The University has over 20 Expert and Senior Expert Examining Boards where 10-15 Doctorate and about 60 PhD theses are defended annually. Every year University scientists publish over 60 textbooks and 300 manuals, about 60 monographs and over 80 issues of the University Bulletin and other journals, about 2500 scientific articles and abstracts, including over 400 articles in leading international scientific journals. Annually the University holds more than 150 international and national conferences on research and teaching methods.
The University also promotes versatile, close and fruitful cooperation with Research Institutes of the National Academy of Sciences and Sectoral Academies of Ukraine, continues to establish and strengthen contacts with sectoral research institutes and enterprises. Within Research Institutes of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine there were created 17 branches of the University departments. In cooperation with the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine the University opened The School of Physics and Energy.
The University boasts its wide international recognition as one of the initiators of signing the Magna Charta Universitatum (Bologna, 1998), a co-founder of the Eurasian Universities Association, an active participant of International Association of Universities and European University Association, a training center for about 1500 international students, postgraduate and doctorate students for 50 countries of the world, and a partner in research and educational cooperation with more than 100 universities and other organizations all over the world.
V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University- Indian Students
The V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University Indian students count is about 800. This means that more than 800 Indian students are already enrolled across 6 years of MD Physician course or MBBS course at V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University.
V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University is one of the best options for Indian students to study MBBS in English at low fees, as it is one of the oldest and biggest Universities in Ukraine, recognised by WHO, UNESCO, Medical Council of India, and General Medical Council.
There is a great majority of Indian students among the international students at the University. Favourable conditions and advantages have been designed for Indian students while studying MBBS at V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University. Among them are the following:
- Student canteen with Indian food, where Indian cook has been employed to prepare the real Indian cuisine
- Ukrainian-Indian Academic Center, where all the official ceremonies are regularly acting on the basis of intercultural communication and integration between India and Ukraine on the base of the University
- Regular sports tournaments (cricket, football) hold annually at the University campus and also competitions are organised between the cities over Ukraine.
- National Indian festivals and celebrations are regularly held at the University (Diwali, Holi, Fresher’s Parties).
Admission/Why take admission in Kharkiv National Medical University
10 Great Reasons to choose V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
- World Rank: Ukraine Top 3. Ranked 401-410. Eastern Europe and Central Asia Top 100.
- First Class Teaching: 350 Full-time professors. 1,000 Associate Professors.
- Great History of V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University: 212+ years of success. 3 Nobel Prize winners.
- Good Career Prospects: V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National Medical University’s degree is recognised worldwide. Academic Mobility. Career centre at the university.
- Global connections: 200 international agreements with the best universities abroad.
- International Degree: Recognised by MCI, WHO and UNESCO.
- Best University Library: 30,00,000 books in the library.
- International Student’s Community: 17,000 students. 4,500 foreign students. 800 Indian students.
- Active student’s life: 30 student societies and 20 sports clubs. Festival celebrations.
- Central location: Karazin University is conveniently situated in the very center of the city, with excellent transport system including Metro.