Odessa National Medical University
Odessa National Medical University
1900 (Odessa State Medical University)
Odessa, Ukraine Duration : 6 Years.
onmedu.edu.ua MCI Status : Approve (List of MCI Approved Universities)
The institution started in 1900 as the medical faculty of the Novorossiyskiy State University in Odessa. The medical faculty soon became one of the most prestigious medical faculties in the Russian Empire. Many famous medical scientists, including Nobel laureate and professor I. I. Mechnikov, worked here.
The medical faculty managed to survive the difficult and turbulent period of the early years of the Russian revolution and in 1922 it was transformed into the independent and autonomous Odessa State Medical Institute. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, it became Odessa State Medical University in an independent Ukrainian Republic.
Today, the Odessa National Medical University remains one of the leading medical universities in Ukraine. It is a member of the International Association of Medical Universities and the high standards of training at the institution are well recognized throughout Europe and America. The university consists of 58 faculties and has a student population of over six thousand, including foreign students from very diverse countries. Tuition is given in the Russian, Ukrainian, and English languages.
Ranking and reputation
There are 100 clinical departments in the university, located at 63 medical and prophylactic institutions in Odessa and Odessa region. All the departments of the university have their own Internet site. The site contains all essential methodological materials on all the disciplines in the Ukrainian, Russian and English. An electronic catalog of the whole fund of books and journals (over 700 thousand titles) as well as an electronic fund of the course books have been created at the university library. An on-line access to electronic resources has been provided. A Center of Distance Education has been created for effective and uninterrupted professional development of doctors and pharmaceutics. The university has created all the conditions necessary for active students’ leisure. There are six sports halls at the university sport complex: for sports games, table tennis, aerobics and rhythmic gymnastics, shaping-up, gym and track-and-field hall. There are several sport groups: athletics, basketball, handball, tennis, power-lifting, weight sports, swimming, fencing, indoor soccer, judo, sambo, chess. Hostels provide students with sports grounds and gyms. The students’ sports and fitness complex is situated on the territory of Lustdorf at the Black Sea coast. There also exists the center of students’ creative work which is called “VITA” at the university . Thirty creative groups of different genres function actively in this center (the vocal studio “Harmony”, the band of modern and variety dancing “Exprompt”, the band of folk singing and dancing, etc.) and unite about 250 students. 2500 students live in 5 hostels.
Autumn 2018: Odessa National Medical University has apparently been illegally seized by ousted former rector, Valeriy Zaporozhan. Valeriy Zaporozhan., who was an aide to disgraced former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and was fired from his post by Health Ministry of Ukraine in July, has seized the building with the help of a dozen mercenaries from a private security firm.
Hostels are provided with:
ü Free 24 hrs. gas, electricity, hot & cold water and phone.
ü Rooms are centrally heated.
ü Furniture and bedding in rooms is provided by the
ü Reading rooms and gym are also available in every
ü Hostels are provided with full security.
ü Student Cafeteria.
ü Hostels are surrounded by green belt with outdoor
sport activities like basketball, volleyball, football, etc.
The library of ONMU is one of the oldest and biggest libraries in Ukraine. The proud of the library is the fund of the medical-scientific periodical editions, which is one of the biggest in Ukraine. The funds of the library are exhibited at the exhibitions, symposia and scientific conferences of medical workers. The library of ONMU is a modern information centre that promotes educational, scientific and teaching process. Total fund of the library contains 1 million books. The library has its branches in each hostel. There is an Internet Hall in the building of library where students can receive latest international information. After enrolment every student receives “library card”, on the basis of which students can receive books for studies for the period of respective academic year. At the beginning of new academic year the students receives new books for that year.
Why study in Odessa National Medical University?
• The Total College Fees Odessa National Medical University is Low and Affordable for Indian Students.
• The Standard of Education for MBBS in Ukraine is Very High Quality and Teachers/Lecturers here are highly qualified and leaders in their field.
• No Admission Test such as IELTS or GMAT is required for Admission in Odessa National Medical University for MBBS in Ukraine. The Admission Process is very simple and Global Medical Foundation will help you out in the entire process.
• The World Ranking of Odessa National Medical University is very high.
• The degree awarded by the Odessa National Medical University of Ukraine are Globally Recognised by International Bodies and Organizations such as the Medical Council of India (MCI) & the World Health Organization.
• The students who have completed their medical degrees from Odessa National Medical University in Ukraine are eligible to apply for International Licensing Exams like MCI Screening Test, USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), as well as other licensing exams taking place throughout the world.
• Very Low Annual Fees – Studying MBBS in Ukraine costs 70% lower than the Private Medical Colleges in India. No Donation & no Hidden costs.
• Guest lecturers/professors and visiting faculty of the Universities in Ukraine include Globally Acclaimed Teachers and working professionals who are able to share their knowledge and experience with the young minds.
• Cost of living is also affordable in Ukraine.
• The medium of instruction is English for studying MBBS in Ukraine.
• Studying MBBS in Ukraine provides a gateway to other European Countries as it has bilateral student agreements in place with countries such as Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic and others thus making it easier for students to study in other European nations.
• The Faculty to Student Ratio is about 1:14 – Small class size ensures that Students get individual attention.
• More than 4,000 Indian students are currently studying at MBBS in Ukraine