Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University
About the University
IVANO-FRANKIVSK National Medical University is a top medical university listed in the WHO Directory of Medical Schools and in the US FAIMER International Medical Education Directory (IMED). Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University is one of the oldest and leading Medical University from last 68 years and former USSR. High level of qualification allows graduates of the University to work successfully in many countries of the
world. The University was founded in 1945. In April 2009 about 796 foreign students were enrolled from 24 countries.
All the educational programs of the University are regulated and approved by the Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Degrees and diplomas issued to International students by the Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are legalized by the Ministry of heath of Ukraine and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine There are Thirteen faculties and a preparatory department. The Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University trains specialists along the following education / qualification levels: Under graduate, Junior specialists, specialists. Masters for the following specialties.
- Clinical Residentura
- Master and PhD courses
- Specialization and Post-DiplomaTraining for Doctors
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University prepares specialists in 185 medical specialities. Good facilities, high qualification level of the teaching staff, scientific and methodical provision led Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is one of the leading places in the country.
Teaching Staff 443 teachers, among them 77 PhDs, 264 candidates for PhD and 19 Academicians, including five Honored Science and Technique Workers of Ukraine, one Honored Worker of public education of Ukraine, two Honored doctors of Ukraine, two Laureates of State prize of Ukraine carry out pedagogical, scientific, medical and educational work at 48 departments. Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University has very good facilities
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University has an excellent system of hostel accommodation for its students. The university owns as many as three hostel buildings which can accommodate more than 2,000 students.
The students will be provided with rooms which are fully furnished. The hostel system consists of an apartment like living system with two bed and three-beds in a room with an attached toilet. On every floor, there is a common hall and a common kitchen for cooking. The students at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University have the option to cook food for themselves. On the ground floor, there is a gym cum recreation centre including a table tennis table.
The hostels are well-maintained at Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University and are fully furnished: the hostel rooms come furnished with beds, mattress, pillow, blanket, two side tables, one cupboard per room and one table and chair per room. The students will get a weekly change of bed sheet and pillowcase. Hot water is available in the hostel in the designated hours. All rooms are centrally heated, even if it is cold outside, the temperature inside the hostel building will be regulated. A plumber, carpenter and electrician are available on call.
Admission to the hostel is competitive and the room you will get will depend on the availability of 2 seaters or 3 seaters rooms. It is based on the first-come-first-serve basis and subject to availability. The hostel provides a safe environment for the students. Students residing in the hostel sign an annual contract and are expected to follow the rules of the hostel; which include the closing of the hostel gates at 11.00 pm, registering all visitors to the hostel, not making noise and showing consideration to fellow residents in the hostel.
Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University Hostel Fees:
The hostel fee is between US $ 300 to 1,000 for the batch starting in September.
A contract is signed, between the student and the University and this is renewed every year.
Hostel fees once paid is not refundable.
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University Course Duration
The Medical course of MD (Doctor of Medicine) or MBBS takes six years and follows a proposed program ECTS. From the first to the fifth year students doing MBBS in Ukraine study according to unified schedules and programs with the specialization in the sixth year.
The main hostel is located about 2 kilometres from the Dean’s office and the city centre. Many buses cover this distance or it is a pleasant 20-25 minute walk. Supermarkets and grocery shops are within 2-3 minutes walk from the hostel.The university has highly technology library:
about 3 million exemplars on paper medium powerful electron library
lvano-Frankivsk National Medical University is listed in the following Directories
World Health Organization (WHO): Directory of World Medical Colleges
International Medical Education Directory (IMED): IMED acaccreditation is recognized by Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and Medical Council of Canada (MCC) for eligibility of graduates to obtain certification & Licensure
Ukrainian State Centre of International Education (USCIE): Directory of Recognized Educational Institutes in Ukraine Students of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to apply for certification and licensure in over 150 countries in the world including: US, UK, Canada, Australia, India, Singapore, New Zealand, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, UAE, Saudi Arabia and etc.
USA: Students and graduates of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to participate in the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) & receive ECFMG certification. ECFMG certification requires all graduates to have passed USMLE Step 1 & 2 (both sections), submit a final transcript and provide a copy of the graduate’s diploma for verification. Once ECFMG certification is granted; graduates are eligible for Postgraduate Medical education (Residency Training) in the United States of America. Prospective & current students of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University wishing to practice in the USA are encouraged to educate themselves on the licensure policies in respective states. Information can be obtained by going to the Federation of State Medical Boards of United States (FSMB) website and from related sources
India: Students from India are eligible to sit for the National Board of Examination (NBE) and to register with the Medical Council of India (MCI); after obtaining an “Eligibility Certificate” from the MCI prior to sitting for the Competency test conducted by the NBE and complying with any other guide-lines of the certification authority.
Similarly, students /graduates of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to sit for the licensure & certification examinations of many other countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UAE, Singapore etc. All students & graduates should educate themselves on the licensure policies in their respective home countries and countries where they propose to practise and prepare accordingly – in terms of: Education, documents, attestation immigration, subject competency exam, language competency examination and residency and work permit laws.
Why take admission in Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University?
- The Total College Fees Ivano Frankivsk National Medical Universityis Low and Affordable for Indian Students.
- The Standard of Education for MBBS in Ukraineis Very High Quality and Teachers/Lecturers here are highly qualified and leaders in their field.
- No Admission Testsuch as IELTS or GMAT is required for Admission in Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University for MBBS in Ukraine. The Admission Process is very simple and Global Medical Foundation will help you out in the entire process.
- Ivano Frankivsk National Medical Universityis a part of the Bologna Process [The Bologna Process is a series of ministerial meetings and agreements between European countries designed to ensure comparability of the standards and quality of higher education qualifications] which ensures a high quality of education.
- The World Rankingof Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University is very high.
- The degree awarded by theIvano Frankivsk National Medical University of Ukraine are Globally Recognised by International Bodies and Organizations such as the Medical Council of India (MCI), World Health Organization (AVICENNA Directory for Medicine).
- The students who have completed their medical degrees from Ivano Frankivsk National Medical University in Ukraine are eligible to apply for International Licensing Examslike MCI Screening Test, USMLE (USA), PLAB (UK), as well as other licensing exams taking place throughout the world.
- Very Low Annual Fees– Studying MBBS in Ukraine costs 70% lower than the Private Medical Colleges in India. No Donation & no Hidden costs.
- Guest lecturers/professors and visiting faculty of the Universities in Ukraine include Globally Acclaimed Teachers and working professionals who are able to share their knowledge and experience with the young minds.
- Cost of living is also affordable in Ukraine.
- The medium of instruction is Englishfor studying MBBS in Ukraine.
- Studying MBBS in Ukraine provides a gatewayto other European Countries as it has bilateral student agreements in place with countries such as Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic and others thus making it easier for students to study in other European nations.
- The Faculty to Student Ratiois about 1:14 – Small class size ensures that Students get individual attention.
- More than 4,000Indian students are currently studying at MBBS in Ukraine.